Wednesday, 14 August 2013

heaven in a biscuit


Let me introduce you to the amazing piece of heaven that is called Salame al Cioccolato! My favourite italian pudding, or favourite pudding ever. It's literally translated as 'chocolate salami' because it's cut into round pieces and looks like salami. Except I cut it up differently, aha. I'm going to be writing this post in Italian as well by the way!

My family recently went to Italy for a holiday and brought me back some of my old childhood favourites and something I'd never tried before - 'S. Martino' Salame al cioccolato  mixture. Before you think, "that's not real baking" I have made this dessert before but obviously it never tastes exactly like it does in Italy. But I can say that this mix definitely tasted like the real thing and it is SO nice.

Permettetemi di presentarvi al incredibile pezzo di paradiso che si chiama Salame al Cioccolato! Il mio dolce preferito italiano, o dolce preferito bunto e basta. Non devo tradurre tutto quello che c'é scritto sopra perché e molto probabile che chiunque conosca Italiano lo sa già questo dolce!

Durante una recente vacanza, la mia famiglia sono andati a Italia e mi sono tornati con alcuni dei miei vecchi preferiti da quando era bambina e anche qualcosa che non avevo mai provato - 'S. Martino 'Salame al cioccolato. Prima di pensare, "questo non è vero cottura" Ho già fatto questo dolce un sacco di volte, ma ovviamente, non ha mai il sapore di quello in Italia. Ma posso dire che un assaggio del S. Martino é sicuramente come la cosa reale, buonissima.



Those are the ingredients. The biscuits and the chocolate mixture are included in the packet, as well as the baking paper. All you need is 60g of butter and 1 egg (sugar free).

Questi sono gli ingredienti. I biscotti e l'impasto di cioccolato sono inclusi nel pacchetto ed anche la carta da forno. Devi solo aggiungere 60g di burro e 1 uovo (senza zuccheri aggiunti).

Instructions:

  1. Melt the butter
  2. Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the egg and the melted butter
  3. Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until you obtain an homogeneous mixture
  4. Crumble the biscuits lightly and add them to the mixture, mixing them all together well
  5. Pour it onto the baking paper and form it into a salami shape
  6. Put the dessert in the fridge for 4 hours

I know there are S. Martino mixtures sold in some little shops across the UK, but I don't know if the Salame al Cioccolato is a popular one over here. So just incase, here are the ingredients to make your own at home! (Slightly different ingredients to above)

Istruzioni:

  1. Sciogliere il burro
  2. Versate il contenuto della busta, aggiungere l'uovo e il burro sciolto
  3. Mescolare gli ingredienti con un cucchiaio di legno fino ad ottenere una crema omogenea
  4. Sbriciolate leggermente i biscotti ed unirli al composto, amalgamando bene il tutto
  5. Versare nella carta da forno e avvolgere dando la forma di un salame
  6. Mettete il dolce in frigorifero per almeno 4 ore
So che ci sono prodotti di S. Martino venduti in alcuni negozi nel Regno Unito, ma non so se il Salame al Cioccolato è molto popolare qui. Quindi in caso che non ci sia, questi sono gli ingredienti per farlo a casa tua! (Gli ingredienti sono un po diversi dal di sopra)

Ingredients:
  • 300g of dry biscuits (I've found that Rich Tea biscuits are the best. Don't use digestives, it doesn't taste right!)
  • 200g of dark chocolate
  • 150g of butter
  • 100g of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 small glasses of rum (and I don't mean a full glass here, just a small amount in one glass x 2)
How to make the chocolate mixture:
Melt the chocolate and butter. Then add the chocolate to the butter, along with the sugar, eggs and rum. And now you can just follow the steps 3-6 from above to make the rest of it!

Ingredienti:

  • 300 g di biscotti secchi
  • 200g di cioccolato fondente
  • 150 g di burro
  • 100g di zucchero
  • 2 uova
  • 2 bicchierini di rum (e non mi riferisco ad un bicchiere pieno, solo una piccola quantità in un bicchiere x 2)

Come fare il l'impasto di cioccolato:
Sciogliere il cioccolato e il burro. Poi aggiungete il cioccolato al burro, insieme con lo zucchero, le uova e il rum. Ed adesso puoi seguire i passaggi 3-6 dal sopra per effettuare il resto!



I also made a little video of me making it. Bear in mind it's my first ever video so the quality won't be great but it was fun to do and took me hours to edit aha.

Ho anche fatto un piccolo video. Tenete a mente che è il mio primo video mai così la qualità non sarà grande, ma è stato divertente da fare e mi ha preso ore per modificare aha.

16 comments:

  1. oh my, I've never seen anywhere else but we do it all the time where I live. in my country it's called tinginys and the english equivalent would be lazy man or lazy, like talking about a lazy person. so weird! I do love this, though, we make it for holidays and sometimes just so we could have something sweet! :)

    Eve x | ChantellEve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks absolutely delicious! thank you for sharing the recipe and for the instructions. lovely blog as well. perhaps we could keep in touch and follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I wanna try it now haha, I loved the video too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree.

      But anything chocolate is basically the love of my life, so it's hard not to like these haha :)

      A Chic Lifestyle - Mentoring Female Students to Think and Achieve BIG.

      Delete
  4. These look so delicious. Might have to give these a go so thanks for the recipe :)

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! I need to try that! :D
    Thank you for sharing!

    xo, Inês

    ipeachycoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this! It looks amazing :) Let me know if you would like to follow one another xx
    megansfashionalphabet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely making these tomorrow. I should thank you but i probably actually shouldn't :)

    x

    http://gracieoffduty.weebly.com/life.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so trying this!!
    It looks amazing :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these looks so nice!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I'm definitely giving these a go! They look delicious. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog <3
    x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I cannot wait to try this out! xo

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute little idea, I never think of posting recipies or anything on my blog...
    http://bethanyxalice.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look absolutely delicious! Now I fancy some..
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete