Wednesday, 7 August 2013

I dyed my hair!



So last week I'd decided I wanted to change my hair colour and after researching colours and skin tones, I decided to go auburn. I'd dyed it that colour once before but was stupid enough to try semi-permanent rather than a wash-in-wash-out dye. But this time I got a wash out one and after 8 washes it's meant to go away. As you can see from the photo, I bought the Clairol 'Nice n Easy' brand. Clairol, you get a thumbs up from me!

It was a good price and the smell of the dye isn't too bad or strong when you're applying it to your hair. It comes with easy instructions and everything is pretty straightforward. However, I didn't find that the colour matched what it said it would look like in the chart on the back of the box (it's a bit darker than what it says). There isn't that much difference to my hair at all if you were to look at me inside, but then if I'm standing in broad daylight my hair does look lighter. I guess you can't expect the colour to stick to your hair too much from a non permanent dye anyway, I think I'm just being picky though aha but I do like it. I would recommend it to people! It is a good brand and it did the job.




I didn't take a profile view of my face/hair because you can't really tell the difference in colour unless there's flash right up to my face, hence the close-up photo of my hair with the flash on. So I've taken the photos in a way that you can tell a slight difference (my hair is actually lighter in the 'before' than it looks in the photo, there wasn't much lighting at that time). Once I've got it cut, I'll take a proper photo.

Sorry for the bad quality photo, for some reason everytime I upload it onto here it goes a bit blurry when it actually isn't like that. And excuse my messy bedroom and wonky picture in the background! Anyway at some point soon, I need to get my hair cut as I've got a lot of split ends and after speaking to my auntie, who also happens to be my hairdresser, I'll decide whether to go with dying my hair permanently or not.

26 comments:

  1. I really love this colour. I want to dye my hair maybe and this is a perfect Kate colour :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd suit it :) and me too! I just wish it was lighter. I'm so bad at making decisions on my hair as it is aha x

      Delete
  2. it came out really nice.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Sophie I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That worked so bloody well!!! i'm actually a lil in shock :o haha

    tashfacee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely colour on you, looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely post! i'm wondering if you want to make a follow for follow!
    -Regina

    ohhmygossip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I like it! I've got some natural red in my hair so god knows what colour I'd go if I used it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too, you can only tell if I've been in the sun non stop though. The lighter your hair is, the lighter/brighter the red will be x

      Delete
  8. Oooh, it looks so vibrant and shiny in the photo! on so many occasions I've been tempted to dye my hair, but being blonde if I don't like it it'll last a lot longer!
    What be really interesting to see how the colour wears in a few weeks time - maybe you could do a follow up post? I'd definitely be interested to read it!
    Celia @ celiasantics xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah yeah true, maybe change your hair colour in photoshop or something, then you can kind of see what your hair could look like :)
      Yeah, I'm going to do that at some point and thanks x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful result.^^
    I like your pretty blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks very nice! ^^ love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks lovely! It's so shiny and healthy, love the colour!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour, looks great on you! I'm far too scared to ever dye my own hair! Lovely blog, I'm enjoying reading through your posts!

    Rachael @ aisforayla.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was too the first time (that was only my second time in that post) but the good thing is if you use a wash in wash out then it'll go away eventually if you really don't like it :) and thanks so much, that's so great to hear! x

      Delete
  13. I love this colour it looks really nice, I love a good wash in wash out colour they give your hair such a boost and make it look much healthier :) xxx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been thinking of dying my hair too! I'm a little nervous to go lighter with a box dye - I've never done it before but maybe this has given me the courage! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete