Friday, 23 August 2013

Prairie Charms & make your own twister bracelet





A few weeks ago I was contacted by Prairie Charms and asked if I would take part in their 'Project Blogger'. After having a look through their site and seeing all their cute accessories, I jumped at the chance. I'm a big jewellery fan so how could I not? The best thing about them is that 10% of their profit proceeds are donated to the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital Charity and the 'Kiss it Better Campaign, which I think is absolutely fantastic. I chose two items: the 'Sadia Bracelet' which has white turquoise gemstone beads with a gold toned feather charm, but you can also choose a silver charm if you prefer. And I got the 'Bessie Gift Thread' which includes thread in purple, pink and light blue all with white stripes. I've been eagerly awaiting the parcel ever since putting my order in and I was very excited when it arrived a few days ago. It was wrapped in the sweetest way, I love getting little parcels in the post and to know that someone has gone the extra mile to make it look pretty, makes it even better. I absolutely love the bracelet, I think it's so cute and love the contrast of the gold and the white together. It can go with a lot of different outfits which is always a bonus.

You might wonder why I bought thread rather than another piece of jewellery or an accessory but as you can tell in the photo below, I made my own bracelet too! It's known as a twisted bracelet. Or some call it a friendship bracelet. And I thought I'd include a tutorial on how to make one incase anyone wants to try making their own.


What you'll need:
  • Thread (the more colours you use, the thicker the bracelet will be)
  • Clipboard or something that you can clip the thread to so that it holds still

Step by Step


  1. Take one colour (I used the pink) and put it on the left (this will be the colour of the first twist) and put the other pieces of thread on the right.
  2. Take the left thread over to the right and make a four shape loop.
  3. Then put the thread over and under into the loop you just made.
  4. Then move the thread back over the top.
  5. Pull the thread tight.
  6. That's what the knot will look like.

I did 7 knots per colour.

If you want to change the colour of the twists you just move the thread of that colour onto the left. For example, I wanted the blue to be the next few twists, so I moved that thread onto the left and kept the pink and purple thread on the right.

And you just repeating step 1 - 6 and eventually your bracelet will start to look like this:



So you just keep going until it's at a length you like (I made mine quite loose), make a knot at the end, then tie the two ends together and that's your bracelet made!


I love the items I received, they're good quality and a reasonable price, so check them out. The people are really friendly too. And if you're arty, then why not have a go at making your own bracelet. Check their website out if you're a jewellery fan like me, you won't be disappointed.

* As part of Project Blogger, I received 50% discount on these items from Prairie Charms

7 comments:

  1. Love both bracelets, so cute :)
    Mia
    Www.prettyeclectic.co.uk
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and very clear photos! Might try one of these myself. I love handmade bracelets like these, great gifts :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post! I got the sadia bracelet too, it's so pretty! xx

    cosmeticchaosx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely wonderful!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound great and such lovely bracelets hun! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those bracelets are so cute but I LOVE the white stone one with the feather. Super creative!

    xoxo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute DIY!

    new follower
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete