Saturday, 21 September 2013

bread lover - piadina recipe


Yesterday I tried my first attempt at making some piadine. They're italian flatbread and as a lover of bread these are the best things ever. You can eat them with almost anything, hot or cold, as a sandwich, with soup, with a dip or even by itself.  My favourite is with some salami and rocket, yum. Mine don't look the best but the did taste how they're meant to so that was a success. They're meant to be more round though.

I took the recipe ""Piadine Romagnole - Flatbread flavoured with oregano" from Gino D'Acampo's "Italian Home Baking" book. It's a really easy recipe to follow and these don't take long at all to make. The writing in the parenthesis below is my own words but the rest is credit to Gino D'Acampo and taken out of the book.

Ingredients (makes 4 piadine):

  • 180g strong white flour (I used plain flour and it worked just as well) plus some extra for dusting
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil plus extra for brushing
  • 110ml warm water

Instructions

  1. Brush the inside of a large bowl with oil.
  2. Sift the flour in a large bowl (not the oiled bowl mentioned above); add in the oregano and the salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the oil with the water. Mix all the ingredients together to form a dough.
  3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in the oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rest in a warm place away from draughts for 20 minutes.
  4. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each one into an 18cm disc. Cover with a tea towel until ready to cook.
  5. Lightly oil a large frying  pan and place over a medium heat.
  6. Cook each disc for 1 minutes on each side until they re staring to brown all over.
  7. Serve the piadine warm to accompany your favourite soup or dips.
If you love bread too, you need to try these out!

2 comments:

  1. I love bread, I am sure I can eat my weight in baguettes! I might have a go at bread making :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum looks great! I love bread so I'll definitely be trying out this recipe!

    xx Bo
    aboutboblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete