Friday, 27 September 2013

Nivea pure and natural range


I bought the Nivea Pure and Natural range a few weeks ago and thought it was about time to review it, as I've now been using it for a while and know more about how it's reacting to my skin.

I've used Nivea products before, having very dry and sensitive skin, it's really good and I'll admit I don't moisturize a lot at the moment and that's down to pure laziness. Then I complain about having scabs on my legs, well that's what happens when you scratch and scratch and do nothing about it..! So learn from me and moisturize, DON'T scratch if your legs or arms get itchy. It'll just make it worse and sore. Nivea's very good and I like the Vaseline cocoa butter too. Anyway, the products I bought were actually for my face, so I should stop rambling and get onto that.

The three products were: Cleansing Lotion, Cleansing Toner and the Soothing Day Cream. Before I used the Boots Tea Tree and Witch-hazel range and while that was good, I started not to like it after a while. But with the Nivea, straight away it makes my skin feel smooth and clean. You know that feeling you sometimes get on your face, even after having a shower and washing it, where it just still doesn't feel clean? Well this really does take that away and I feel squeaky clean, not to sound too cheesy saying that. And with it being only a few weeks since I've been using it, I've already seen a difference. My skin looks more hydrated and even though I don't get many spots (I usually just have one in the most unfortunate place like the middle of my forehead that's really obvious), I haven't had any sign of spots or bad skin since using it. Maybe that's just luck though but still, I'm liking it very much.

The Cleansing and Lotion toner both have bio argan oil and bio aloe vera. Everyone raves about argan oil and I haven't actually used it before this, but I can see why everyone likes it so much. And the products all smell really nice. It's not overly perfumed, so it's not overpowering - which I really can't stand in lotions as for one I'll probably end up having an allergic reaction to it or two it just doesn't feel like it'll do me much good because it's not that natural.

With the toner, you obviously put it on with a cotton wool but with the cleanser, it says you can use either your fingers or a cotton wool. I've tried it both ways just to see which I preferred and I think I prefer it with my fingers. Of course my hands are cleaned before I do it but I just find that with a cotton wool you don't get as much of it onto your skin as you do with your hands, because it'll soak into the wool. Whereas if you use your fingers, you can massage it well onto your face and it just feels like you're not wasting the product and your skin is getting the most out it. It's up to you how you use it, but that's just my personal preference. And the soothing day cream comes in the cutest little glass pot, which is great and you can use it once it's finished. I've still got a lot left but I know I'm going to be buying this again.

5 comments:

  1. I've actually used the day cream before and loved it! Haven't tried the other products though, but I may try them some day! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

    xo, Inês

    ipeachycoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i nominated you for the Liebster Award, if youre interested, visit strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nivea!
    xx,
    Justina
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so pretty :-) I love Nivea products xx

    http://tinks071296.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never really use this brand - I love Simple products though, they are great for my dry, sensitive skin :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete