Saturday, 7 September 2013

The Sunshine Award + The Very Inspiring Blogger Award




I recently got The Sunshine Award nominated by Alice @ Mutterings of a Teenager and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award from Hannah @ The Hannah Lucy Diaries, it goes without saying it put a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much to both of you! Please check their blogs out, they're both really lovely people.

I'd only heard briefly of the Sunshine Award before. It's an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who brighten your day and encourage you to grow your blog and yourself. It's so nice to know that someone thinks that of my blog and I'm really glad people enjoy reading it. And to get another nomination for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (the explanation speaks for itself) made me feel even happier. Being part of the blogging community is so much fun and I'm so glad I've started blogging and am now a part of it.

I thought I'd put them both in the same post seeing as I have to write 7 facts for each and thought it would make more sense if I just shared the facts between the two. I'm not someone who finds it easy to think of facts about myself, but who is?

Rules

Sunshine Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post the award logo.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Share 7 facts about yourself.

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
1. Display the logo on your blog
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (of course!)
3. Share 7 Facts about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other blogs of your choice to receive the award
5. Let them know you have nominated them (best to do via twitter!)

7 Facts
  1. I have a cat called Cooper

  2. You know how you can cross your eyes, I can also can make one of my eyes look inward while looking straight on with the other.
  3. I love sunflowers and poppies.
  4. I have no idea what I want to do with my life career wise.
  5. I prefer sweets to chocolate. At the moment I love Skittles and Haribo Tangfastics (until I eat too many and put myself off them for a while aha).
  6. I really want to jump out of a plane for charity, that sounds like so much fun.
  7. I adore Ted Baker, the bags and clothes and accessories are just beautiful!

Nominations for the SA:

  1. Hannah @ The Hannah Lucy Diaries
  2. Tallulah @ Simply My Thing
  3. Celia @ Celia's Antics
  4. Naomi @ What Naomi Wrote
  5. Chloe @ Lost Arrows
Nominations for TVIBA:
  1. Sophie @ Sophie etc
  2. Jess @ Lashings of Mascara
  3. Becca @ Becca's Fashion and Life
  4. Lisette @ Lisette Loves
  5. Ellie @ Ellie's Favourite Things
  6. Thalia @ Fashion Galaxies
  7. Perdi @ Watermelon Raindrop
  8. Sophie @ Sophie Said
  9. Catherine @ Not Dressed as Lamb
  10. Lisa @ What Lisa Saw

8 comments:

  1. Good facts, and your cat is too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Sophie! That is really sweet :) I too have no idea what I want to do career-wise! haha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sophie. your cat is so cute.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie thank you so much!!!!! I am really flattered that you nominated me for this :)) I have, over the past couple of years, taken part in this type of award a couple of times, and unfortunately I can't fit in a blog post to pass it on (I schedule posts up to three weeks in advance), but I will give you seven facts about myself here if that's okay...?

    1. If I had to be any animal I'd be a giraffe. Without question.
    2. I can't bear being an age that's an odd number. So even though I was 41 last birthday, I prefer saying I'll be "42 next birthday".
    3. I find writing on bananas with a biro utterly satisfying.
    4. I've been married twice but never had a proposal of marriage (sob, sob!!).
    5. I'm teaching myself to play the bongos. It's taking a while.
    6. I went to the same school as Jane Austen (not at the same time - I'm not THAT old)!
    7. I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie, episode of Downton Abbey or Coronation Street. Ever.

    Hope they're interesting enough! BTW I can do the thing with my eyes as well (your fact no.2)...!

    Thanks again my lovely, take care

    Catherine x
    NotDressedAsLamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you to do the liebster award!
    here is where you can find the questions:
    http://wanderlise.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear,
    would you like to support each other's blogs via facebook and bloglovin? Or maybe you would like me to write a guest post at your blog? It is really sweet, congrats!

    Best wishes,
    Gabriella
    http://gabriellawolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou so much lovely!:') I'll be posting it very soon!:')xoxo

    ReplyDelete