Monday, 14 October 2013

22nd birthday and haul!


Yesterday it was my 22nd birthdaaaaay!

I had a really great day and I am so so grateful for having all the lovely presents. I love them all, my family are amazing. Thank you if you're reading this! And thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes.

This post will be photo heavy, so just a pre-warning.


Beautiful flowers from a great friend of mine, arrived on Saturday. And I was so excited aha that I opened them on my birthday eve. Sunflowers are my favourites and they look so pretty!







Present opening. I am so so lucky to have received these, so happy with everything.



The best cards ever. The cat one was from my parents, Cooper steals my dad's spot on the sofa everytime my dad gets up aha so it's perfect. And the royal card was from my brother. Love it.


Homemade breakfast, potato cakes, sausages, grilled sausages and fried egg. And then there was the 'American breakfast foods' (my sister skyped from university and when the American food was mentioned she went 'Is that Sophie?' She knows me so well! aha) but I was so stuffed that they were left over and I got the enjoy the lovely pancakes today.


My baby asleep in the living room, SO CUTE. I bought him that when we first got him and since yesterday, he's been on it ever since.



We went out to a really nice pub for lunch and I had chicken, bacon and leek pie with a puff pastry lid, chunky chips, green beans and pies. And for dessert, affogato al caffè with pistachio and almond flavoured ice cream. The food was so good. I don't think I've ever felt so full.



Not the best photos but as we went back to the car I noticed they had horses so had to get a photo and then I saw the pigs and I went AW out loud aha. Pigs were my favourite when I was around 5 and then I found out they bite and they weren't my favourite any more aha. But they're still cute.


A fantastic birthday cake made by my mum, filled with Italian patisserie cream. Sorry for the bad quality photo, I took it on my phone.

Thank you so so much family and friends and everyone for a great day!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sophie, that dessert looks INCREDIBLE. Happy Birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! The ice cream just tasted a bit too much of almond for my liking but omg pistachio ice cream is amazing. Thank you!! :) x

      Delete
  2. evrything looks so fab and adore the flowers. 'Si' smells divine. hope you had a lovely day soph.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know, I love it - stays on for ages as well! Thank you so much! :) xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely photos! I hope you had a great day!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a really good day! :)

    Jes | Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Cute cat, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw thanks, he really is aha :) x

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a lovely day - it looks as though you did! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 22nd Bday Sophie!
    Beautiful picture and lovely cake<3
    strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) birthday, Sophie!!
    I'm so glad you had the loveliest day. Absolutely love that card too - I really should've been Mrs Prince William too!
    Tonnes of love, my sweet xxx

    ReplyDelete