Saturday, 11 January 2014

favourite tv shows of 2013 (part 2)


Part 2 of my previous post. I hope the last one gave some of you some new shows to watch!

  • Broadchurch
    "British television crime drama involving the death of a young boy and the search for his killer"

    I'm a huge huge fan of crime dramas, so this was absolutely amazing. That is really all I have to say, the twists of the show and the whole storyline - I loved it. David Tennant and Olivia Coleman's acting skills were A+. Go watch it.

    Watch if you particularly like/d: Sherlock, Case Histories
  • Devious Maids
    "The series centers on four Latina maids working in the homes of Beverly Hills’ wealthiest and most powerful families, and a newcomer who made it personal after a maid was murdered and determined to uncover the truth behind her demise, and in the process become an ally in their lives."

    I really enjoyed this. It has really good actresses from it (two of them are best known as Carla from Scrubs and Hilda from Ugly Betty). Eva Longoria helps in producing the show and if you loved Desperate Housewives, I'm sure you'll like this too.

    Watch if you particularly like/d: Desperate Housewives
  • Graceland
    "A group of undercover agents from various law enforcement agencies in the United States, including the DEA, the FBI, and the ICE, live together in a confiscated Southern California beach house known as "Graceland". Rookie FBI agent Mike Warren is assigned to the house fresh out of Quantico training."

    It has Aaron Tveit in it. Enough said. Ok I will say a bit more than that.. any crime drama fanatic will love this show. I love the storylines, they're so detailed and I find that if I can't miss out on one little detail otherwise I'll miss out on the 'big' parts of the show, so be careful and watch everything that is going on.


    Watch if you particularly like/d:
     Any of the CSI series, The Mentalist, Chicago Fire
  • My Mad Fat Diary
    "Set in Stamford, Lincolnshire in 1996, My Mad Fat Diary follows the story of 16-year-old, 231 pound girl, Rae, who has just left a psychiatric hospital, where she has spent four months. She begins to reconnect with her best friend, Chloe, who is unaware of Rae's mental health and body image problems, believing she was in France for the past four months. Rae attempts to keep this information from her while also trying to impress Chloe's friends."

    I loved this show. I can't think of anything like it to compare it to so I've left the bottom part out. If you like shows that revolve around a friendship group and their lives then this show is for you. It's brilliant. Channel 4 do great dramas and Sharon Rooney (plays Rae) is fantastic in it. I like how the show brings awareness to mental health and shows how someone suffering from those psychological problems deals with it in day to day life and how it affects those around her. It's not always so deep though, there's some comedy included and some feel good moments to balance it out. A very very good show.
  • Orange Is The New Black
    "The series revolves around Piper Chapman, an engaged woman living in New York City, who is sentenced to 15 months in a women's federal prison for transporting a suitcase full of drug money to her former girlfriend who is an international drug smuggler. The offense occurred ten years prior to the start of the series, and in that time Chapman had moved on to a quiet law-abiding life among New York's upper middle class."

    I've never watched a Prison drama before, I've heard of Prisoners Wives but I never got around to watching it. This is SO good though, not at all what I was expecting, it's so so funny. They explain each character's past in detail and the story lines are fantastic.


    Watch if you particularly like/d:
     Girls
  • Orphan Black"A science fiction television series starring Tatiana Maslany as several identical women who are revealed to be clones. The series focuses on Sarah Manning, a woman who assumes the identity of her clone, Elizabeth Childs, after witnessing the latter's suicide."

    I wasn't sure about this at first because I just based it off the description, but to my suprise I loved this show. The acting is fantastic, I mean one actress playing multiple different characters? It's beyond me how she can manage that. So don't be like me and read the description and think "I'm not sure if I'll like it or not". Watch an episode first and then decide. A few minutes in and I was already hooked and can't wait for the next series.

    Watch if you particularly like/d: Doctor Who

No comments:

Post a Comment