Wednesday, 26 February 2014

OOTD - high waisted gingham leggings



Leggings - Ark
Shirt - Primark
Necklace - Primark
Boots - Next

Yes you’ve seen it, my first OOTD.

Look at my leggings, guys. I love patterned ones, I’ve just never had the guts to wear them before. But look here I am, wearing some! I’ve never been one for leggings that are ‘out there’ (sparkly leopard print ones… no thank you.) so these will be do perfectly. Gingham's very on trend at the moment, I've seen it in so many shops on the high street and it's on the catwalks too - I'm looking at you Oscar de la Renta and Balmain. Not to mention the photos of Olivia Palermo wearing them. And with pastel colours being everywhere - especially pink and mint green, they're the perfect choice of colour to add to the outfit.

I like the pattern, because with it being monochrome, it can go with basically any colour jumper/shirt/t-shirt. So it may be that this little item may become a staple in my wardrobe. Most importantly, they are not see-through. Which I love. Seriously, I get so paranoid over new clothing and hate any sign of see-through quality, so I was very pleased that these are not like that in the slightest. You’d think with the white it would be slightly transparent, but the grey and black pattern offsets that and as long as you wear nude coloured or light colours underneath you will be fine. I can’t think of anything worse than walking down the street and people being able to see right through them, which unfortunately can happen with some leggings out there. Instead, I can wear these and not worry about what my bum looks like from the back, yay. (At least I’m not asking ‘does my bum look big in this’!)

They are so comfy. They’re high waisted and fit really nicely around the waist and the legs in general. They don’t sag, because there’s nothing worse than buying skinny jeans and/or leggings and them not actually being skin fitting. Speaking of comfort, no worries at all if I end up eating a huge meal and a food baby arrives aha. These lovely things will hide that just fine.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love love love this outfit! I was actually looking at some leggings like these today in New Look! I'm proud of you doing your first ootd post! I hope we see more ;) well done Sophie!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look soph. The leggings are amaz and youre so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Leggings! Goes well with your style :)

    ReplyDelete