Wednesday, 12 February 2014

terry's chocolate orange and pecan popcorn bar recipe



I'm sorry for not posting last week but I've been so busy with work. I always feel really guilty, so I'm sorry! I should really schedule posts but I don't like them being published when I'm not there, just incase I've missed a spelling mistake or something - I like to give it one last check before posting.

On one of my days off I went to my local shopping centre and my mum and I went into Pret, where we found these popcorn bars that were new in. They were so tasty and it gave me an idea.. to make my own! The one we ate was white chocolate and caramel, but I wanted to try and make my own recipe so I came up with this.



Ingredients
Makes 16
  • 200g marshmallows (I used pink and white but either is fine)
  • 75g popcorn kernels
  • 75g unsalted butter
  • 75g pecan nuts
  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 2 pieces of terry's chocolate orange

Instructions

  1. Heat a pan with the sunflower oil then drop in the popcorn kernels and wait until they're fully popped.
  2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a separate pan and once melted, mix in the marshmallows until they are also melted.
  3. Break the pecan nuts into pieces.
  4. Add the pecans into a bowl along with the popcorn and marshmallow mix.
  5. Mix all together thoroughly until all of it is coated evenly.
  6. Fill a 18 x 20 dish (you can use whatever you have available, but that's the measurements of the dish I used) and press the mixture down to make the bars. Put it in the fridge for one hour. Then melt the terry's chocolate orange in a bowl and wait until you can take the dish out.
  7. An hour in, take it out of the fridge and coat the top with the melted terry's chocolate orange. Then cut it into however many pieces you want (I did 16 with this recipe) as it's already hardened at this point and if you left it for the full two hours it would be too hard to cut.
  8. Put it back into the fridge and wait for the remaining hour. When the times up, serve on a plate and the best part of it all, you get to eat them.

If you try making this, I hope you enjoy it! They are perfect with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee.

1 comment: